Shared by Ajaye Bloomstone, Acquisitions Librarian at LSU Law Library
As the former ALCTS liaison to the American Association of Law Libraries – Technical Services Special Interest Section (AALL TS-SIS), my liaison reports over the years for the ALCTS membership have been on programs and workshops to be presented at AALL annual meetings which may be of interest to ALCTS members. I am now continuing in this role for Core so would like to share this list of programs that will be presented at the AALL virtual conference to be held in July 2021. Some programs will be livestreamed, and others will be prerecorded to be viewed on-demand prior to the virtual conference, with an opportunity to connect with session speakers during the week of the conference.
There is a charge for attendance, with member and non-member costs listed on the main AALL conference site.
Please check the full schedule of programs to verify dates and times of livestreamed programs. Additional livestreamed programs may be curated between now and the week of the conference, and as it draws closer, more complete program descriptions may be available.
Livestreamed programs which may be of interest to Technical Services librarians:
- Generating and Retaining Employee Enthusiasm and Engagement While Working Remotely (B1)
- Insight into the Mental Health of Our Students: Leading the Way to Open Communication, Access to Information, and Institutional Support (E1)
- The Role of Empathy in Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives (G2)
- By the Numbers, For the Numbers, Justifying Your Library Budget (L2)
- Library Infrastructure 101: Technical Services’ Role in Building Your Public Service Foundation and Bridges to Patron Success (M2)
On-demand programs which may be of interest to Technical Services librarians:
- Mountains to Molehills: How Generational Differences Can Actually Bring Us Together (P1)
- Faculty Learning Communities, New Technologies, and Constant Change (P2)
- More than the Roll of the Dice: Using Data, Wisdom, and Insight for Subject-Based Collection Evaluation (P5)
- Middle Management Musings: A Continued Dialogue on Managing Up, Down, and Within (P7)
- WFH [Working From Home] Without Being Remote (P12)
- DIY Analytics: Beyond Excel (P13)
- Leading an ILS Migration (P18)