Core is seeking knowledgeable librarians from all types of libraries to become trained to teach its popular four- and six-week “Fundamentals of…” online courses:
- Fundamentals of Metadata
- Fundamentals of Digital Libraries
- Fundamentals of Collection Assessment
- Fundamentals of Acquisitions
- Fundamentals of Cataloging
- Fundamentals of Collection Development and Management
- Fundamentals of Preservation
- Fundamentals of Electronic Resource Acquisitions
- Fundamentals of Management (*currently under development)
Courses are composed of self-paced modules and include interaction with the instructors and classmates. The course content is already developed and ready to use; no additional editing is needed. Accepted applicants become instructors-in-training and go through a series of training sessions by experienced course instructor. A modest honorarium of $400 or $600 (depending on the length of the course) is paid to instructors.
The key characteristics of successful instructors are subject expertise, comfort with e-learning technology, and the ability to make student communication a priority for the period of the course. Prior teaching experience is not required, but instructors must be Core members.
If you are interested in becoming an instructor for a Core Web Course, please complete the online instructor application by December 6, 2021. You will be asked to include a statement of interest (300 words maximum) and attach a copy of your resume.