Core and the Commercial Interior Design Association (IIDA) are currently accepting applications for the 9th annual IIDA/ALA Library Interior Design Awards honoring excellence in library interior design and promoting extraordinary interior spaces across nine categories. Winners and their clients will be honored and showcased during an awards ceremony at the ALA Annual Conference in Washington D.C. The submission deadline is April 14.
Open to any interior designer, interior architect, or architect, the IIDA/ALA Library Interior Design Awards highlight library interior design projects in the following categories:
- Public Libraries, Small: 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Public Libraries, Large: Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Academic Libraries, Small: 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Academic Libraries, Large: Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Special Libraries, Small: 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Special Libraries, Large: Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
- Single Space – a small project that focuses on a specific room or area in a library
- On the Boards – a project currently in the design phase and not under construction
Projects must be completed during or after October 2019. Previously published projects will also be accepted. Additionally, library projects in the design phase are welcomed and can be submitted to the “On the Boards” category.
For more information and to submit to the IIDA/ALA Library Interior Design Awards, please visit the 2022 ALA/IIDA Library Interior Design Awards web page.