Have you ever wanted to lead a conversation with colleagues from near and far about professional development topics, without leaving the comfort of your office? You can do this by hosting a Core e-Forum! Are you a librarian required to present or otherwise disseminate your expertise to the library community for promotion/tenure consideration? Depending on your institution’s criteria, you can do this by hosting an Core e-Forum!
The two-day, moderated, electronic discussion forums provide an opportunity for librarians to discuss matters of interest on a Core email list. Free of charge, e-Forums occur approximately once a month and are available to anyone who wishes to subscribe.
We are currently seeking discussion leaders (moderators/hosts) for e-Forums in September and December 2022 and March 2023 and beyond. Moderators develop questions, and lead and provide daily summaries of the e-mail discussion. When concluded, moderators prepare an overall summary for the list as well as Core News. Moderators should be Core members to submit an idea.
Topics can relate to any of the Core areas of interest, including:
- Personnel/staffing topics (layoffs, reorganizations, changes in role of librarian, finding diverse job candidates)
- Literacy models with high impact
- Collection development strategies, tools, etc.
- Reference services
- Management of electronic resources
- Project management
- Library outreach
- Training strategies/Train the trainer
- Meeting patron needs
- Managing serials (print and/or electronic)
- Navigating changes in management, workflows, reorganization, etc.
- Equitable textbook access/Course reserve management/OERs
- Equity and access for underserved communities or other DEI initiatives
- Product migration (planning, selecting, implementing)
- Metadata and catalog management, useful tools
- Media accessibility
- Navigating changes in professional interests
- Emerging technology and concepts, linked open data
- Indigenous librarianship
- Managing new acquisition models, including use-based or demand-driven acquisition
- Other — your choice!
If you’re interested in moderating an e-Forum or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebecca Uhl & Nicole Lewis