The ALA International Relations Committee is requesting nominations from Core to serve as ALA representatives to International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) section standing committees for the 2023-2027 term. As a representative, you will serve as a link between the two groups and report to the relevant sections of ALA/Core on IFLA developments and information impacting the profession.
To serve as an ALA/Core representative, at a minimum you should:
- Be an ALA and Core member;
- Have knowledge of at least one working language of IFLA (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish);
- Have the reasonable expectation of attending standing committee meetings at your own expense.
Additional desired criteria include:
- A member of and active in the Core committee covered by the section;
- Fully conversant with the theories, issues and practices underlying the area in question;
- Engaged in operations or activities in the area concerned for a substantial period of time;
- Experience with national or international standard-setting activities;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and communication;
- Experience in international librarianship;
- Displaying intent to promote Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (ADEI) efforts in the area concerned
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, October 21, 2022. Submit using the Core IFLA Nominations form.