The period to submit nominations to serve as a Core representative to IFLA has been extended to Friday, November 11. Please consider applying as there are still several open positions that have yet to receive an applicant.
The ALA International Relations Committee is requesting nominations from Core to serve as ALA representatives to International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) section standing committees for the 2023-2027 term. As a representative, you will serve as a link between the two groups and report to the relevant sections of ALA/Core on IFLA developments and information impacting the profession.
To serve as an ALA/Core representative, at a minimum you should:
- Be an ALA and Core member;
- Have knowledge of at least one working language of IFLA (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish);
- Have the reasonable expectation of attending standing committee meetings at your own expense.
Additional desired criteria include:
- A member of and active in the Core committee covered by the section;
- Fully conversant with the theories, issues and practices underlying the area in question;
- Engaged in operations or activities in the area concerned for a substantial period of time;
- Experience with national or international standard-setting activities;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and communication;
- Experience in international librarianship;
- Displaying intent to promote Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (ADEI) efforts in the area concerned
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, November 11, 2022. Submit using the Core IFLA Nominations form.